Division of Rehabilitation, Ageing and Wellbeing
Rehabilitation aims to lessen the impact of disease and disability on everyday life. It also aims to assist people in reaching their fullest potential.
We have a dynamic research portfolio that has gained both national and international recognition. This includes funding from charities, research councils, industry and European awards, and the National Institute for Health Research.
Our studies include:
- the theoretical underpinning of rehabilitation practice
- understanding older people’s health
- the development and evaluation of complex interventions
- the application of psychological theory to health and wellbeing
- the implementation of research knowledge into changing practice and improving health.
We have a thriving group of postgraduate students in our Centre for Doctoral Training Rehabilitation and Healthcare Research. We also provide healthcare of the elderly training to undergraduate medical students and deliver postgraduate courses in Health and Rehabilitation Psychology.
Study with us